Tips ...Tips ...Tips
1. Add a pinch of cooking soda to the milk before boiling to avoid curdling.
2. Put a piece of lime to the refridgerator to keep it fresh from odours.
3. clean ur silverwares with sacred ash.it will shine in a minute.
4. Use Talcum powder to remove oil stains from currency notes.
5. Dip a piece of cotton in vinegar and keep it in a corner of ur refrigerator to keep it away from bad odours.
6. Put a pinch of rice in salt container to avoid watering.
7. Preserve rice from worms by adding a Hand full of dried neem leaves in it.
8. Use neem oil for lice free hair.
9. Use news paper to clean your Mirror.
10. To dry your wet shoes,fill your shoes with newspaper,it will absorb the water fastly.
11. Fry sooji slightly before storing to avoid worms.
12. Apply clear nailpolish on your fancy jewellery to avoid fading.
13. Massage your nails with Almond oil to keep ur nails from chipping.
14. Put some rock salt in your homemade snacks to keep it crispy & crunchy for a long period.
15. while making sweets and savouries put a small ball of tamarind in the oil to save oil.
16. use tissue paper to take off extra oil from eatables.
17. Preserve poppy seeds and sesame seeds in the refrigerator to prevent them from going rancid.
18. Preserve Lemon by rubbing a little coconut oil on them and place them in an open tray in the refrigerator. They will keep them fresh for atleast 10 days.
19. Preserve the tomatoes by placing them in the chiller tray just beneath the deep freeze of the refrigerator.
20. Add Cardamom to the milk while boiling it will preserve the milk from turning sour for a longer period.
21. Preserve your pulses & spices by sprinkling Asafetida over them.
22. Preserve freshness of leafy vegetables by keeping them in cotton bags instead of polythene bags .
23. Preserve milk, yogurt, cream twice as long by transferring them from cartons to airtight glass jars before refrigerating.
24. Preserve Tamarind by sprinkling salt in it so as to keep the worms away.
25. Too many peeled potatoes - Cover them with cold water to which a few drops of vinegar has been added. Keep them refrigerated and they will last for 3 or 4 days.
26. CAKE- Place 1/2 apple in the cake box to the cut edge of a cake, it will keep the cake from drying out and getting stale.
27. For storing eggs for longer time say for about 30-40 days you should apply any cooking oil with the help of brush on the egg shell.
28. Green peas - Preserve them by keeping them packed in polythene bags in the freezer.Store green peas for 2 years; all you have to do is to tie the shelled green peas in a cloth and dip in boiling water for three minutes. Then dip in chilled water for three minutes. Dry under the fan till the extra moisture is removed and then pack into airtight jars or sealed packets. Freeze & use them when peas are too costly.
29. A bowl of vinegar in the oven or microwave will remove odours.
30. Charcoal briquets or a box of baking soda will eliminate odours in the
refrigerator and freezer. Briquets may be reused after boiling for two minutes and allowing to dry.
31. Store nuts & seeds in the freezer.both shelled and unshelled,Nuts in the shell crack more easily when frozen.
32. Preserve ripe Bananas in plastic bags.You can freeze them whole, peeled.
33. Store flour in an airtight container and refrigerate it as it doubles their storage time.
34. Cover mushrooms with a damp cloth or keep them in a paper bag with holes poked in the bag.This will keep them dry.
35. Wash the eggs and put them slowly in a container full of lime water to preserve for a long period and will not get spoiled.
36. Put a couple of cloves to the container of the dry fruits.
37. Wrap Fruits & vegetables in newspaper while storing them in the fridge.It will keep them fresh for a longer period.
38. Keep coriander leaves them in a muslin cloth bag in the refrigerator. They will remain fresh for a longer time
39. While storing green chilies,remove the stems. This will help them to stay fresh.
40. Wrap paneer in blotting paper before storing in the refrigerator.
41. Put Fried papads chips and biscuits in a polythene bag and store them in a refrigerator to keep them fresh.
42. Store dried herbs and spices is in a cool, dark cupboard as heat is bad for them.
43. Keep nuts in the freezer to avoid spoilage.
44. Fry ginger-garlic paste in oil before grinding and store in the same oil.
45. By keeping a piece of asafetida in the chilies/Chili powder container you can store them for long.
46. Preserve apple slices from browning by placing in pineapple juice. Store it in the refrigerator, it will remain for long and yield a delightful flavor.
47. Stick Peacock feathers on the wall to get rid of lizards from home.
48. Use a slice of bread to remove tiny glass pieces from floor.
49. Clean silver jewellery with tooth paste.it will shine like new.
50. Dust face powder to remove oil stains from silk sarees.
51. To get rid of ants Keep the skin of cucumbers near the place or ant hole.
52. Boil water first before freezing to get pure and clean ice.
53. Clean the mirror with spirit,it shines like new.
54. Keep the cloth in the freezer for an hour to remove chewing gum from clothes.
55. Soak white clothes in hot water with a slice of lemon for 10 minutes to whiten white clothes
56. Apply one teaspoon of vinegar to hair before washing to give a shine look.
57. Soak lemons in hot water for one hour,and then juice them,to get maximum juice out of lemons.
58. Keep a piece of bread on the cabbage in the vessel while cooking to avoid smell of cabbage while cooking.
59. Chew gum to avoid tears while cutting onions.
60. Skin one potato from one side only before boiling to boil potatoes quickly.
61. To remove ink from clothes Put toothpaste on the ink spots generously and let it dry completely,then wash.
62. For Peeling the skin of sweet potatoes quickly,Soak in cold water immediately after boiling.
63. To get rid of mice or rats just sprinkle black pepper in places where you find mice or rats.They will run away.